ANA Business Class Mini Review (Staggered B77)



In terms of cool factor, not a lot can really compare to (comfortably) laying flat in an airplane.

This is a review of All Nippon Airways's service from Tokyo Narita (NRT) to San Francisco (SFO) in October 2022. I booked confirmed with American Express Membership Rewards points, earned on my Platinum card (because there's no way I'm paying cash for this LOL.)

Narita Airport experience

My husband and I took the Narita Express (NEX) from Tokyo Station to Narita Airport. Check-in was fast and easy since we could use ANA's Business Class line. We checked one bag (I never say this), which was a cool experience since Japan is ahead of the game: We placed our bags on a belt, printed a self-sticking bag tag and the bag automatically left on the belt.

After check-in and security, we headed to the ANA business class lounge. There was plenty of seating, and each seat had a QR code to order food. The self-filling beer station was the coolest part in Husband's opinion.

ANA's boarding process began on time, and consisted of lining up by cabin.

The seat

ANA's staggered business class configuration has seats in the 1-2-1 pattern. Husband and I were in the 2 middle seats, 9D and 9F, so no windows but we both had direct aisle access. A Globe Trotter amenity kit, headphones, pillow, blanket, and mattress pad were waiting at my seat.

After putting my bags in the overhead, flight attendants offered glasses of orange juice or champagne and a hot towel. There were plenty of relatively new releases on the inflight entertainment; I watched 2 movies during dinner.

When extended into a bed, I had plenty of room at only 5'1". Husband was able to get a good amount of sleep, although he had to bend his knees at 6'1".

Dinner service

Dinner service began about a hour and a half after take-off. We were provided paper menus and a flight attendant took our orders.

I opted for the Japanese menu option (salmon), which was phenomenal (always do this on Japan-originating flights!)

Dessert included mont blanc, delicious fresh fruit, and green tea.

This is why I collect points

Flying business to and/or from Japan is the biggest reason why I collect points. Japan is the trip I look forward to every year, and ANA makes experiencing that reward travel SO fulfilling. Being able to sleep 30,000+ feet in the sky and experience fine dining is truly next-level. I can't wait to try The Room someday!


--
Let's stay connected. Receive an email the next time I post by following me!

Post a Comment

0 Comments