The Conrad Tokyo Review

The husband and I typically stay at smaller business hotels or Airbnbs in Japan, but I love to stay in some of the luxury brands at the end of my trip for a handful of reasons:

  • It's a great way to get the most out of my yearly $200 Amex Platinum Hotel Credit
  • These high-end hotels have larger rooms & more space to pack
  • I can get late checkout, which is nice since we usually fly back to the US in the evenings.
  • It's a chance to try new brands!

We stayed 1 night before flying home to the United States. Here are my highlights from a stay at the Conrad Tokyo in October 2022.

Location

The Conrad Tokyo is centrally located near Hamarikyu Gardens. It's very convenient since the hotel itself is connected to both Shimbashi station and Shiodome station. It has plenty of konbini nearby as well for late night snacks!

The Conrad Tokyo is a 15 minute ride away from Tokyo Station on the Yamanote line, which means you can pretty much get anywhere easily.

Booking experience

I booked my stay at the Conrad Tokyo via American Express's Fine Hotels+Resorts collection to use my $200 Platinum card credit. By selecting a hotel from Amex's Fine Hotels collection, I received these perks during my stay:

  • Early check-in (12pm, when available)
  • Free breakfast for 2 guests
  • $100 experience credit
  • Guaranteed late checkout (4pm)

Conrad hotels are part of the Hilton family, so I earned Hilton Honors points for my stay, as well as progress towards Diamond status.

Instead of a photo of the hotel entrance, I got distracted by cars parked out front.

The hotel stay

Interestingly, the lobby of the Conrad Tokyo is on the 28th(!) floor of the Shiodome building. So, you walk in on the first floor and take elevators up, then take a second set of elevators to access guest rooms. I loved the modern decor in both the lobby and rooms at the Conrad Tokyo.

We arrived at around 11AM, and our check-in agent shared that there was a room available but it had 2 beds. We didn't mind and accepted the early-early checkin. She then provided a printed paper outlining all of the benefits I was getting from American Express. A signature Conrad teddy bear welcomed us to our room.

We were booked into a Twin Room with City View on the 34th floor and it did not disappoint.

Rainy night, but awesome view. 

The Conrad Tokyo's twin room was a spacious 48 square meters (or 516 sq. ft.). There was plenty of space to pack up my haul from the Pokemon Center. The room had 2 twin beds, a desk with a chair, and a lovely bench that spanned the length of the window. Not pictured is the room's entryway, which had a small coffee station nook, and a closet with 2 sets of pajamas and slippers. There was also a Conrad-branded umbrella, which was a nice touch.


The bathroom was a good size, with double sinks, water closet, bathtub, and shower (not pictured). I did have to move some glasses and soaps around to clear up counter space for my own stuff. This room was stocked with Byredo toiletries in the scent Mojave Ghost, which is now my current perfume (it smells soooo good). There was a curtain that could be rolled down to add privacy in the bathroom.

Dinner at Kazahana

To use the $100 experience credit from Amex's benefits, we went down to Kazahana for dinner; one of the restaurants inside the Conrad Tokyo. Since it's on the same floor as the lobby, it had gorgeous views at 28 stories high. We each ordered kaiseki sets (traditional Japanese food, multi-course). An item in the course contained uni (sea urchin), which I am allergic to - they easily swapped it out without issue.

Kazahana kaiseki course

With my Hilton Honors Gold status, I would usually receive 20% off hotel dining. However, this did not stack with the $100 American Express Fine Hotels+Resorts credit, so I asked the waitress to use whichever was higher.

Breakfast at Cerise

The next morning, we got breakfast at Cerise which was included as a perk of Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts. It was a buffet, with a great selection of fresh fruit, pastries, and typical Japanese breakfast foods. We were seated by an attendant, but did not have to wait.

Great location with modern luxury

Our 1-night stay at the Conrad Tokyo was incredibly comfortable, especially with all of the perks from Amex. I loved that it is literally connected to 2 train stations, which made last-minute shopping and sightseeing super easy. I can't wait for the chance to stay again!

--

Thanks for reading! If you want to see what's next, please follow me!

luxury tokyo hotel review, luxury hotel, luxury japan, luxury japan hotel review, luxury japan review, japan hotel, luxury tokyo hotels

Post a Comment

0 Comments