What I wore on my Mediterranean cruise

Summer means vacation, travel, and fun in the sun! Here are my best-performing outfit pieces from vacationing in the Mediterranean when temperatures started to rise. 

My best clothing pieces for a summer in the Med

Warm weather heroes

1. Athleta Conscious Crop: This long-line bra worked for me as a tank top, and I liked the cropped length since it didn't add any bulk to the tummy area while wearing high-waisted items. Pictured below is me pairing it with the Madewell Ruffle Tiered Maxi Skirt in Athens for a dreamy look! This tank also wore well with the Old Navy linen joggers during my day in Corfu.

2. Madewell Ruffle Tiered Maxi Skirt: This light blue skirt looked amazing with tan and white tops. It also breathed well during our Acropolis day, when the high temp hit 87 degrees fahrenheit / 30 degrees celsius. The ruffles also made it look a bit more put together. I love skirts on hot days since they move with the breeze for good airflow.

3. Aday Something Borrowed shirt: This is being listed again in an outfit post because it's just THAT good. It breathes well, dries quick, and doesn't wrinkle. I pack it with me to use as a jacket in case it gets cold or if I'm in the sun and want added protection against UV rays. It functions as a top by itself and looks good over leggings, or can be tucked in to linen shorts for a more casual look.

4. Quince Linen Shirt: I love Quince for their affordable, quality pieces and their linen has performed wonderfully for me. This shirt breathes + washes well and fits right in on the Mediterranean.  

Athleta Conscious Crop and Madewell Ruffle Tiered Maxi Skirt

6. Coolibar Stella Scarf Hat: This hat saved me from the sun's harsh rays when the UV index hit 11(!) in Athens. The scarf detail is super unique in that you can wrap it around your neck, tie it in a bow under your chin, or tie it under your hair for chic looks while staying protected from the sun. This way, it stays secure in case a gust of wind comes and you still look fashionable!

7. Athleta Brooklyn Utility Jumpsuit: I have this in 2 colors; the shale pictured and black. It's also available in a cream color, but I packed a dark color to mix things up. This jumpsuit is amazing since it's wrinkle free, has UPF protection, and versatile. You can wear it with the leg openings cinched in at the ankle or wide-leg, which is very in right now. 

8. Old Navy Linen Joggers: More linen for the hot days! I was able to dress these pants up with a button-up blouse tucked in (e.g. the Aday shirt), and wore them around Corfu with the Athleta Conscious Crop tucked in. They kept me cool since the light color helped reflect the sun and because linen is very breathable. I wish I had sized down since they were a little baggy.

9. Athleta Elation Hybrid Dress: This is a more casual piece, good for sightseeing days. The material is UPF to protect your legs from the sun. It's super light as well, so stays breezy as you walk about. It looks great alone or with a jacket, and it has a built-in bra, so no bulk! I am 5'1", and the skirt hits my ankle. I have this in pink and black.

Athleta Conscious Crop and Old Navy Linen Joggers

Best summer clothing fabrics & qualities

Linen

Linen is a great summer clothing material since it wicks moisture well and is very breathable - perfect for hot and humid weather. It's also a super sustainable material since it comes from a hardy plant that requires little water, and is biodegradable. You'll definitely fit in with locals in Europe wearing linen clothes.

Light colors

White and tan clothing help reflect the sun off of you, as opposed to black clothing which absorbs heat. I was definitely out of my comfort zone wearing lighter colors, but I came to love it! 

UPF protection

Look for UPF 30+ (I typically aim for 50) material since it protects you from the sun and is usually quick dry/wrinkle resistant. Athleta and Aday are a couple of my favorite brands that regularly release pieces with sun protection. While these two brands are aimed towards women, Royal Robbins and Eddie Bauer have UPF pieces for men as well.

These pieces all fit in my carry on, and acted as my capsule wardrobe. 

Stay cool out there! Don't forget to drink your water and apply sunscreen! 

--

I hope you enjoyed this post. For more travel content, be sure to follow me!

coolibar stella scarf hat review, athleta elation hybrid dress review, athleta brooklyn utility jumpsuit review, quince linen shirt review, aday something borrowed shirt review, athleta conscious crop review, what to wear on mediterranean cruise

Post a Comment

0 Comments