Best travel purses

The purse you pack for a trip is one of the most important pieces to plan for, since it will go with you everywhere!  While your bag's ultimate goal is to securely hold all of your stuff, you'll want different qualities in your handbag, depending on the destination. 

Best purses for travel 

Crossbody bag

A crossbody-style bag is one of the best for travel since it's harder for someone else to take and you can be hands-free. Opt for a leather or chain strap since it's difficult to cut.  I typically gravitate towards crossbody bags for travel as you can wear them with a backpack or larger bag while keeping your important items close and at the front. I like smaller ones since I can nest or pack it easily in a bigger bag if I want some purse versatility on my trip.

Slash-proof

No one wants this to happen to them, but I've heard the horror stories about thieves slashing bags open to get to contents inside. To avoid this, I opt for bags with chain straps that are made of leather (or other slash-proof) material/lining. The bonus of a purse with these qualities is that it looks luxe!

Locking zippers

I really only bring my bags that lock with me to cities known for pickpocketing (e.g. Rome and Barcelona). The way most of these bags "lock" is by clasping them closed so they're harder to open. Along this same train of thought, bring a bag that zips or folds completely closed so no one can reach in to grab anything. This way, you can rest your hand on the opening of the bag if needed to make sure it stays shut.

My top-performing travel bag

The Arden Cove Crissy crossbody is probably my most well-used bag (I've brought it with me to Asia and Europe) since it's slash-proof, water resistant, RFID blocking, and has locking zippers. I love it so much, I have it in 3 colors and have gifted it to family. The Arden Cove crossbody also holds a surprising amount; I've been able to fit my passport, pen, phone, sunglasses, hand sanitizer, credit cards, cash, portable battery, and small souvenirs in it. 

Wallet portion of the Arden Cove Crissy bag

The cream/brown option is fantastic for summers in Europe, and I like to bring the black one with me to Japan since it goes with everything. It really doesn't look like your typical anti-theft bag, which is my favorite thing about it. I've been able to confidently walk in Rome and Barcelona (cities with frequent warnings about pickpockets) because of the locking zippers. I've also worn this bag down Splash-Mountain, and everything inside (phone included) stayed dry!

I know this bag is pricy, but in my travel experience, it has been worth it. I've found them on Poshmark and eBay before for a little less, so it doesn't hurt to watch there. 

An important thing to keep in mind with anti-theft bags is that they're not fool-proof. Stay vigilant in areas known for pickpocketing; it's more about making sure you're not an easy target. 

--

Thanks for stopping by! If you want to see my next post, be sure to follow me!

best travel purse, best purses for travel, best anti theft bag, best anti theft purse, best locking purse, best purse for travel, purse for europe, anti pickpocket

Post a Comment

0 Comments