What to wear on vacation in Cancun

Cancun in August was insanely hot and humid. Think 90 degrees Fahrenheit with 70% humidity. Here's what to wear in Cancun to (try) avoid being a sweaty mess.

I was in Cancun for a wedding, but I'm sticking to what I wore at the all-inclusive resort for this post. Also not included are swim suits! Don't forget your swimwear of choice for your Mexico trip. 

  1. Lululemon Asymmetrical Tank (Ribbed Nulu): I paired this with the Lululemon skirt below for a sporty look, but it felt right at home on vacation with the bright pink. The ribbed material and one-shoulder helps elevate from looking like athletic wear, but it can still be worn if you need to get a workout in. 
  2. Athleta Broooklyn Romper: The shorts version of my favorite Athleta Brooklyn Jumpsuit. The material is quick dry and anti-wrinkle. I wore this the first night in Cancun after we arrived since it wasn't wrinkled right out of my suitcase. 
  3. Athleta Oversized Poplin Shirt: Since this shirt is rated at UPF 50, I packed this for sun protection to go over my swimsuit or protect my arms and shoulders with other outfits. The white helped reflect some of the sun's heat. 
  4. Lululemon Court Rival Skirt in Lip Gloss: This bright, fun skirt is perfect for vacation adventures. It has shorts attached, and a pocket on the side as well. I also have this in black and it's been one of my favorite pieces this summer. 
  5. The Carry-on Girl
  6. Celine bucket hat: I didn't want to bring my big straw hat this time around, so I bought an ultra-packable bucket hat for head and face protection from the sun. The black goes with every outfit, and matched my resortwear + swimsuits.
  7. Athleta Avenue Romper: This romper is also made of quick-dry and anti-wrinkle material, so it's great for travel. I brought the rose color to mix up from all of the black I packed but it's still on the neutral side. It had great coverage and I wore it over my swimsuit at one point.
  8. Marc Jacobs Tote Bag in Woven: I opted for the woven finish of this popular tote since it has a very summery feel. I carried this both poolside and to wedding events; it fit in perfectly. It had a great carrying capacity, too - I had my sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, fan, and water bottle.
  9. Athleta Elation Hybrid Dress: Adding this again, but in black! I love this dress; I wear it both on vacation and at work. It looks so chic but is very comfortable, light, and protects from the sun. Don't forget, it has pockets! 

If we were staying more than 3 nights, I would have packed more fun & flowy dresses. I also brought this swim coverup - sadly it's no longer available on Amazon, but there are similar ones available. 

Crochet-detail swim coverup

These easy-to-wear pieces allowed me to look put together while staying comfortable in Mexico's summer heat. Athleta is always my go-to since their materials don't wrinkle and they often provide sun protection. 

Until next time! 

Post a Comment

0 Comments