The Ritz-Carlton Bali review

I was fortunate enough to attend a wedding in Bali, Indonesia in 2018. Here's a review of my stay at the Ritz-Carlton Bali; one of the most beautiful properties I've ever stayed at! 

I stayed at the property for 2 nights since the family tea ceremony and wedding reception were held at the Ritz Carlton. 

View from the Ritz Carlton Bali lobby

As you can see in the photo above, the property is massive. Since it can be a hike to get to different parts of the resort, employees are available to drive guests around in golf carts. We simply phoned 5 mins ahead from our room, and a golf cart was ready for us. 


Ritz Carlton Bali Location

The Ritz Carlton Bali is in Nusa Dua, which is more of the luxury resort part of the island. It's ideal if you're looking for lots of beach time. (Alternatively, I have not gone myself, but I've heard Ubud is a great area to stay in to maximize cultural exploration.) The hotel was about a 30 minute drive from the Bali International Airport, but this can vary depending on traffic. We had drivers hired for the duration of our stay, and they picked us up after our flight landed.


Check-in process

There was no wait to check in, and we were greeted with welcome drinks and cool towels. The lobby is open-air and provides a stunning view (the first photo in this post). After getting our room assignments and tagging our bags, an employee drove us to our building in a golf cart. During the ride, he pointed out different areas of the resort, like where breakfast would be, a running route, the property's chapel, and a beach where morning yoga is held. 

Our bags arrived to our room about 20 minutes after we got in.

Room main living area and vanity at the Ritz Carlton Bali

Room

The room had plenty of space for 2 people and would be great for families. Our room had 2 beds, a table with 2 chairs, and a couch. The shade was closed in the photo above since it was night time, but it opened up to a lovely balcony with a view of the garden. The double sinks were a nice touch, and the water closet and shower were to the right of the vanity area. There was also a full-sized bathtub. 

Alternate room view and keycard

Experience & Food

We were provided a paper schedule at check-in of activities available at the Ritz-Carlton Bali, one of which was morning yoga. We opted to participate, and reserved 2 spots for 8AM the next day by calling the number provided. The instructor-guided yoga session was free (with water and mats provided), but there were other activities available for a small fee (e.g. Balinese crafts for kids). Yoga with a beachfront view was a great way to start our day! 

Beachfront yoga

The only meal I ate at the Ritz Carlton Bali was breakfast, as it was included in our room rate. That said, it was a fantastic buffet spread inside the Senses restaurant, with fresh fruits and a variety of breakfast foods to satisfy different palates. I really enjoyed eating outside with the gorgeous view. 


Pool

Walking throughout this property is an amazing experience, with its many fountains and koi ponds. There are fish food dispensers if you want to feed the koi (highly recommend). Walking around the beautiful resort was my favorite thing to do. 

Koi ponds at the Ritz Carlton Bali

The pool was divine, and I had no problem finding a lounger in October. I eventually moved to one of the seats in the pool but above the water. Attendants are very nice and always ready to help. I was offered a towel and sunscreen when walking out to the pool area. 

Ritz Carlton Bali pool

How I got to Bali, Indonesia

Since I was attending a family wedding, I flew confirmed for this trip. My routing was SLC-LAX-HKG-CGK (I spent a few days in Jakarta with family), then we flew together to DPS. 

To get home, we flew DPS-CGK-NRT-LAX-SLC. Definitely an adventure, and it's worth staying in one of the layover cities if you've never visited (if anything, to recover a bit).

Closing

I visited this property with family, and have full intentions of returning with my husband. Bali was one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to, and the Ritz Carlton was a perfect place to return to after exploring the island or attending wedding activities. I could easily just stay at the property the entire time too, with all of the activities offered and amazing pool + beach. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments